LA Youth SCUBA Club
SCUBA Club is an open water certification course for junior level divers between the ages of 10 and 17 years old. The certification earned will allow students to dive in open water and explore the oceans around the world. The club allows the students to interact and learn with each other in a social environment where they will share their thoughts and passions for exploration, promoting important skills and values beneficial beyond just SCUBA. During club meetings, students will work on the online portion of the certification in the classroom, get personalized instruction with one of our certified instructors, and work on skills, as well as safety, in our heated, indoor pool.
Starting Saturday, January 6 and ending on Saturday, March 31 (with the exception of Mardi Gras week) students will meet at Divers Destination to attend club meetings. Meetings start at 10 a.m. and end at 12 p.m. Should a student have to miss a club meeting, makeup Saturdays are offered so students will not fall behind on course material. After the last meeting, students will need to complete 4 checkout dives in order to satisfy the requirements to achieve their junior level open water certification. These dives can be completed in Panama City, Florida through Divers Destination, with our instructors, or on a family trip after purchasing a referral form.
If you would like to register a student for SCUBA Club, please call or visit the Divers Destination facility. The cost to join the SCUBA Club is $300. A payment plan for the registration fee is offered. Payments may be broken down into 3 monthly payments of $100 to be paid on the first of each month.
- January 6: Meeting from 10-12
(Club full registration fee or first of three $100 payments due)
- January 13: Meeting from 10-12
- January 20: Meeting from 1-3
- January 27: Makeup from 10-12
- February 1: Club second payment due
- February 3: Meeting from 10-12
- February 10: Meeting from 10-12
- February 17: Meeting from 1-3
- February 24: Makeup from 10-12
- March 1: Club third and final payment due
- March 3: Meeting from 10-12
- March 10: Meeting from 1-3
- March 17: Meeting from 10-12
- March 24: Make up from 10-12
- March 31: Final meeting from 10-12