What kind of computer do I need? What kind of printers and scanners can I use? Do I need a touch screen device?
- Requirements for the software are minimal. All you need is a device that supports Google Chrome and an internet connection.
- Screen ideally at least 11 inches
- 8GB of RAM recommended
- Any operating system of your choice, keeping in mind that some hardware peripherals may only be compatible with Windows
- No need for data backup or additional drives; your software and data are stored on our servers, online.
What kind of barcode labels do I use?
- For barcode printers, you will use 2.5x1 inch labels. For sheet labels, Avery 5160 (or store brand equivalent).
How do we process credit cards?
- ShopX360 partners with CardConnect to provide our customers with seamlessly integrated, PCI compliant credit card processing. Contact us for a rate quote.
What if our internet goes down?
- In the event that you frequently experience loss of internet connectivity or are in an area where a physical high-speed internet connection is not available, we recommend using a cellular data hotspot. This can be your mobile device or you can purchase a dedicated hotspot from most cellular providers. This works as a WiFi router and will connect to most wireless capable devices.
- A mobile hotspot is also an excellent option for all stores to have as emergency backup in case of an unexpected internet outage.
Can I determine what my employees are able to see / access / do in my system?
- Each user gets a defined access level with detailed permissions that are set by you, the owner, or another manager who has permission to set those levels.
How many users can I have?
- here is no limit to the number of employees or users you can set up within your store, but the number you have does incrementally affect your billing rate. Contact us for plan options.
How many registers / terminals / workstations can I have?
- There is no limit to the number of devices that you can log in from.
Do I have to set my instructors and trip leaders up as full employees?
- You can set up any contact as an instructor or group leader, allowing access only to their rosters and manifests and no other parts of your system. This does not add to your overall user account (and therefore does not affect your billing rate with us).
Can I use Gift Cards? Do you sell Gift Cards?
- Gift Cards are fully supported internally, with no need for external credit card processing (or fees). We recommend ordering from Duracard: https://www.duracard.com/products/plastic-gift-cards
Do you offer on-site training? Can you help set up our new system? How can my staff learn our new point of sale?
- We are not able to offer on-site training. The software is easy to learn and use but we are here to help as much as is needed or wanted! We can schedule conference calls with screen share for you and your staff as needed, to make sure all users are comfortable and confident. We work with you prior to you taking your new system live in all aspects of setup.
Is my information secure with your cloud-based system?
- We use AWS servers. With the AWS cloud, not only are infrastructure headaches removed, but so are many of the security issues that come with them. AWS’s world-class, highly secure data centers utilize state-of-the art electronic surveillance and multi-factor access control systems. Data centers are staffed 24x7 by trained security guards, and access is authorized strictly on a least privileged basis. Environmental systems are designed to minimize the impact of disruptions to operations. And multiple geographic regions and Availability Zones allow you to remain resilient in the face of most failure modes, including natural disasters or system failures.
- The AWS virtual infrastructure has been designed to provide optimum availability while ensuring complete customer privacy and segregation. For a complete list of all the security measures built into the core AWS cloud infrastructure, platforms, and services, please read our Overview of Security Processes whitepaper.
Will I know who is logging in to our system?
- We provide a log of all logins and attempted logins with user name, result, time, date, and IP address (available on the Settings > Employees page).
Can I prevent employees from downloading my customer information?
- There are multiple permission settings to prevent employees from accessing sensitive areas of your software, including the ability to export customer information.
What if I stop using the software, am I under contract? Do I own my data?
- There is no contract to continue using the software; payments are month to month. Your data belongs to you and you have full control to export your customer and inventory information and any reports prior to stopping use.
Do you sell or access my data?
- The only reason we ever access your database is to troubleshoot for customer support reasons, with your permission. We do not under any circumstances sell customer information.
Do you export or integrate with accounting software?
- We export to Quickbooks desktop version. We are not compatible with other accounting software options at this time.
Do you have a user guide?
- Yes. We are always working to expand our user support documentation. Written documentation for software setup and getting started is available, along with many “how to” quick tutorials.
Can I rent items / create work orders / process travel deposits / schedule classes / receive purchase orders / create layaway / track customer balances?
- Yes! And so much more. Contact us for more information and to get started!
Can I sell my products, classes, and trips online! Can I continue to host my own website?
- Online sales are fully integrated! You can host your website, or we can!